Omnia Casino breaks new ground with blockchain based loyalty program
Our Norwegian sister site, norsknettcasino.info, recently did an exclusive interview with Omnia Casino, and in it they learned everything about Omnia’s upcoming venture into blockchain technology. Aware of Omnia Casino’s heavy presence in the UK and the implications of their new blockchain based loyalty system, they were eager to tell us everything.
After hearing what they had to say, we decided to translate their interview with one of Omnia Group’s co-founders, Michaell Stell, in its entirety. It turns out Omnia Casino is close to swapping out their current loyalty points for token backed coins. Initially the token backed Omnia Coin, on the CasinoCoin blockchain, is restricted to Omnia’s own ecosystem – to buy top casino bonuses, merchandise and other goodies - but as revealed in the interview, the future will likely allow Omnia Coins to interact with both the outside world and more advanced CasinoCoin functionality.
The main thing is ownership, once someone is issued a token, it is theirs, and it can never be taken away
Below follows the translated version of the interview, published at Norsknettcasino.info on the 27th of January 2020:
From an outsider's view, one would assume that the first step into the crypto- and blockchain sphere would be to start accepting payments in crypto currencies. Why did you approach blockchain technology from this angle, and what are the obstacles to accepting payments in crypto-currency?
- We are big crypto fans at Omnia but our UK, Malta and Swedish licences are unfortunately not too friendly when it comes to accepting [crypto] currencies. We are sure this will change in the future but also believe the real power of blockchain is its utility, so this is our first step working with this technology, whilst still being compliant.
So, why blockchain and how does it benefit players?
- The main thing is ownership, once someone is issued a token, it is theirs, and it can never be taken away from them, unlike traditional loyalty programs.
Can you expand on this, to what degree will players be in control of their coins?
- Each player will automatically generate a wallet address, which will hold all their coins. Initially, we will keep them in the Omnia ecosystem. The real control will come in Phase 2. Once enabled, players can spend them, trade or speculate, just like any other crypto currency. Players will at this point have full control of their coins, and other casinos could even start accepting them as part of their own loyalty scheme, there would be nothing stopping them.
Will you keep the Omnia Store and Loyalty Card, and integrate them in the new coin economy – or will they have to make way for new creations?
- The token will replace our current Omnia Coins, and users will be able to use them in the store just how they do now; buying free spins, bonuses or merchandise. All activity on site can potentially generate coins, and we have many ideas for new reward triggers. There will be plenty of opportunities to earn coins.
Will existing users be able to exchange their old coins for the new token backed coin?
- We will do a 1:1 swap for players’ current Omnia Coins.
Apart from the loyalty program and payments, which other aspect of Omnia Casino do you think will be next to utilise or benefit from blockchain integration?
- Trust is always a concern for online casino players, so anything around transparency of data, allowing players to verify RTPs, winner feeds, promotions and bet transactions will help to overcome this.
Source: Interview translated from Norwegian to English with permission from norsknettcasino.info
How to get some coins?
The switch to the new Omnia rewards and loyalty system is expected to be initiated and completed sometime during the first half of 2020. The best way to get your hands on Omnia Coins right now, although not token backed or publicly traded yet, is of course to head on over to Omnia Casino. Once the new tokens are out, you will get one Omnia Coin token for every current Omnia Coin you manage to generate (and avoid spending in the Omnia Store, of course).
...spend them, trade or speculate, just like any other crypto currency.
Sign up via the link below and get the chance to win 100,000 Omnia Coins through your first loyalty card (collect stamps by playing your favourite games, T&Cs apply and can be found on site), who knows what these can be worth in a year or two from now...
Min deposit $20. Winnings from free spins have x10 wagering. Free spins can be used on Book of Dead. Max bet $5. Stake weightings and general bonus T&Cs apply
Opt in required. New customers to Casino page only. 1x per customer. Min. Buy in £10. Bonus value 100% of Buy in. Max. Bonus £300. 40x Wagering, Max Redeemable £4,000. 50 Free Spins with x35 wagering will be awarded after the Buy in Bonus is completed, Max Redeemable £1,000. Bonus expires after 7 days. Stake contributions, player, country, currency, game restrictions and terms apply.
Available through Nov 12, 2020 or until 10,000 offers claimed. Verified new casino accounts only. Bonus issued after verification; 7-day expiry; 50 redemption points required. Slots only, game contributions vary. £100 max win. Terms apply.
New players only * £20 min deposit * 100% up to £100 Bonus * Bonus wins are capped at £500 * To withdraw bonus & related wins, wager 30 x (bonus amount) within 90 days * Wagering req. vary by game * This offer may not be combined with any other offer * Deposit balance is available for withdrawal at any time * General withdrawal restrictions & full T&Cs apply
Terms & Conditions apply. New players only. 18+ Min Deposit £20. Wagering requirement apply 35x. Offer valid for 72h.